Not a bull, not a bear, I am just a wolf ... 偶還是習慣稱行情漲為紅盤跌為慘綠
07/12/2011

Comments are welcome!

07/16/2011

Comments are welcome!

评分人数

This is a discussion from some other forum:

Since you ask for comments here are mine:
I find Elliot Wave absolutely useless as a predictive tool. ...

Yes, I agree with you that EW is a predictive tool.  Don't you think that all FA or TA approaches are predictive based what has happened?  For example, when a market retreats from over-bought back to some MA, say 4/9/18, we might assume that if the MA is still moving up and then it will be a good opportunity to buy dip.  That buy-dip is based on the prediction that the market will go up again.  If one does not know how to use MA, MA becomes "useless".  Same as EW, in order to utilize EW to trade, one needs to understand EW first.

... It is imprecise both in terms of price and time and is always subject to more than one (often contrary) interpretation. How often do wave counts have to be re-numbered?

Good point!  Talking about being imprecise, EW is one of the tools that provides the most precise predition - both in price and time.  (Another tool is W.D. Gann.  Cycle is kind of OK in time prediction but it has no idea about price.)  A wave segment's movement involves price action/behavior and time needed to travel.  Can you tell me something that can predict price and time?  Talking about renumberring the wave, it has to be done whenever it is needed.  It's like when you are driving and hit a red light, the red light tells you that you got to stop, would you stop?  As long as there is no red light (wave behavior changing), there is no need to stop (to renumber the wave count).

I can see that there is some relevance in using it as a descriptive tool regarding what has happened, but do not see how it is possible to use it to make correct investment or trading decisions....

Again, a tool is useful when you know how to use it.  Some friends use MA only and make good profit from it.  About using EW for trading, EW can provide a precise target (both in time and price) for a wave movement for one to take profit (or establish position), and also EW can tell one when the existing position needs to quit, if the current wave count is invalid, so people can easily place a stop order at some meaningful point (with minimal risk).

评分人数

good effort

realy i thank you

could you please just explain to me what did you mean by

a , b , c , d in first chart !

as i know there is no D in Elliott Wave Principle

Do you  mean it is impuls ?

thank you again

To answer your question, yes, the principle does have wave-d and wave-e.  They occurs mostly in triangles, includuing Ending Diagonal (wave-5),  Contracting Triangles (wave-4/2), and Expanding Triangles (wave-4/2).  No they are not impulsive waves.  For the Ending Diagonal (wave-5), the market is weakening so there is not enough power to form the 3rd implusive wave in each segment.
07/23/2011

Comments are welcome!

评分人数

so rocky
~v`
zzzzzzzzzzzz..............
~心宽灵深爱永远~
07/27/2011

Comments are welcome!

07/30/2011

We have completed a monthly bar for July this weekend, so my weekly post is monthly chart instead of daily one.  Comments are welcome!

评分人数

金子到 1200? that is impossible

If you trade FX, you know that anything is possible.  When Hunt brothers cornered silver and the market surged to $50, nobody believed that silver would eventually collapsed to $5.  The following are two posts that I saw gold to reach $1400 in 2010 when it was $800-$900 in 2009:

http://groups.wenxuecity.com/discussion.php?gid=921&pid=46979
http://groups.wenxuecity.com/discussion.php?gid=921&pid=49654

I firmly believe that everything is conspiracy and the market is just a tool for insiders to collect money from the innocent general puplic.

黄金的价格是有基本面支持的 ...  现在的买家跟hunter 坐庄银子时候是不一样的。

I agree what you say as the status quo but not the future.  You've seen Taichi diagram, right?  So called 物極必反 or 強弩之末 explains that no tree can reach the moon.  I don't rule out gold's further going up to double, triple, ... etc. the current value, but the wave count tells me that a big *correction* is due.  Note that I am saying *correction* because in the wave's spiral, a correction implies future growth because it is not a self destruction.

... 但那将是买实物黄金的好机会。 把手上的纸币换成实物肯定不会错的。

That could be the case but is not necessarily true.  When gold hit $850 (spot) record high on 01/21/1980 in London at PM Fix (倫敦金下午定盤價), everyone thought that it would continue going up infinitely.  Then the truth was that the next bull market came after almost 20 years of tumbling down till 1999 August when price was around $250.  I really don't know if a huge pulling back is a good opportunity or a hot potato until the wave structure tells me.
有新的路线图更新吗?准确率很高啊,就看spy能不能真的上1400了
08/07/2011

Comments are welcome!

评分人数

有新的路线图更新吗?准确率很高啊,就看spy能不能真的上1400了
moonpig 发表于 2011-8-7 14:09

moonpig - Thanks for checking out my posts.  I thought I have been posting and talking to myself.  It seemed nobody paid any attention on my posts.  Thanks for kind words.  We will see if a short term bull can be formed or not ...
返回列表