返回列表 发帖

[讨论] Bs Sure to Know When to Stop

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/finance/1670491.html

I jumped into the world of system trading since ... 1993 ? It's too long ago, and I cannot even remember when. I believed that it would be the key to succeed in the financial market. For many years, I programmed all kinds of idea and developed all kinds of systems by using the most sophisticated software at that time and back-testing against more than 30 years of data. I tried to find the optimal results of sharpe ratio, average return, maximum drawback, ...etc. It turned out (maybe I was not brilliant enough) none of my systems was able to survive in all situations. I quit system trading research after few years of failure.

For so many years passed by, I have tried all kinds of approaches to find the holy grail of the trading world. Do you really believe there exists a such silver bullet? I stopped losing money until I threw away all those approaches. Now my approach is no approach.
You are trading against human emotion. Unless you can precisely define and quantify human emotion, a ...
flyhigher 发表于 2011-7-7 22:43

Then you have saved many years of effort for not to waste time to prove that it did not work!
股市就像非洲草原,上面一群一群的牛羊,华尔街看似高深,其实也没什么了不起,那些Fund都是一个一个He ...
flyhigher 发表于 2011-7-7 22:49

Interesting analogy!
"... 我要赚钱,只需要看天气,不需要看Herd的行为 ..."

But you forgot one thing, "非洲草原" has some predators that kill those herds for food.
Not a bull, not a bear, I am just a wolf ... 偶還是習慣稱行情漲為紅盤跌為慘綠
返回列表