返回列表 发帖
I have relatives in Canada, so I kinda have a vague idea what's life like there.
The healthcare is pretty good and is not expensive (unlike U.S.), and there are quite a lot of Chinese immigrants who speak Cantonese or Mandarin in Ontario, so maybe you can consider about moving to there.
And since there are quite a lot of Chinese immigrants, the Chinese food quality is also pretty good.
However, if you main motivation is better education for your children, I would recommend moving to the United States. There are just too many Chinese students in the same colleges that usually the children communicate mainly with their race in Chinese.
Well, I mean, I don't really know about procedures to move to U.S.
My mom was the one who dealt with all of those.
By the way, did you already know where you are going to move to in Canada?
You might want to move to regions that have better schools.
Not reliable? What do you mean by "not reliable"? I mean, I am a college student in U.S. now, and I think it's a good place for immigration if you are motivated by better education opportunity.
But then I see, your family and mine are different: you are still working, my parents are retired.
And our family is poor enough that we don't have to pay taxes.
I heard that the living standard in Vancouver is very high and expensive, although it might provide better education... Wait, maybe not, because there are also numerous Chinese there, so your children might end up being classmates with Chinese, which means eventually most of their daily conversation will be done in their mother tongue. That would not help to improve their English.
You might want to set up your main goal for immigration: what makes you want to immigrate to a foreign country? Is it work, education, healthcare, housing, or good environment for retirement? If  you are mainly motivated by better education opportunity, Canada might not be your best choice. If you are motivated by healthcare and environment for retirement, then Canada might be the place you want to go.
And for housing... It all depends on where you want to live. Housing in New York is extremely expensive, we all know that :) Housing in Canada... I think the price is also rising (same as everywhere else).
You might want to ask Chinese immigrants in Canada and U.S. for more details before you make your decision. The education, the scholarships, the prices, the living standard, the housing, the social aids, the job opportunity, the salary... everything matters; everything will create impacts to your final decision.
If you are looking for job opportunity, downtown might not always be your best choice. Usually jobs are pretty competitive there.
Anyway, I wish you good luck.
I am sure everything will turn out fine eventually :)
返回列表