现年100岁的曾祖父,因退休後太无聊,又工作了34年
Jim Clement在1978年退休,因为静不下来,进入了一家保安公司
这个100岁的人说:工作让齿轮运转,也让我年轻
他会把文件归档,会用碎纸机,接电话,并且为女士们泡茶

86年的工作中,包括在二次大战时制造击沉德国舰艇的鱼雷
Jim有两个孩子,四个孙儿和一个曾孙
他和太太在1944年结婚,太太19年前去世
进入2013年,他已工作第86个年头,他说他还没打算要辞职

Britain's oldest office boy! Great-grandfather, 100, has spent 34 years working for same firm after becoming bored with retirement

Jim Clements quit work in 1978 but was so restless he joined a security firm
'Work keeps the cogs moving and keeps me young,' the 100-year-old says
He files, shreds and answers the phone, as well as make tea for the girls
86 years of work including making torpedoes to sink U-boats in WW2
Jim has two children, four grandchildren and one great-grandchild

By Martin Robinson
PUBLISHED:11:56 GMT, 29 January 2013| UPDATED: 12:04 GMT, 29 January 2013

A 100-year-old great-grandfather has been revealed as Britain's oldest 'office boy'.

When most would be ready to put their feet up and enjoy retirement - Jim Clements was so bored at 66 he took a new job with a Harlow security firm and is still there 34 years later.

And after entering his 86th year of employment in 2013, Mr Clements say he has no intention of giving up yet.

jim1.png
2013-1-29 10:28

Long-serving: 34-years after retirement, Jim Clements from Harlow in Essex, is still an office worker at 100

jim2.png
2013-1-29 10:28

Enthusiast: Jim was bored at home in 1978 and took the job at a Harlow security firm, where he has many duties including making the tea

jim3.png
2013-1-29 10:29

Star: Jim is well-known for his strong work ethic, but is also a renowned flirt with the ladies in the office

The centenarian still works two days a week doing the filing, shredding documents, answering the phone and photocopying.

Jim is also responsible for making the tea - and is renowned for being a flirt, his colleagues say.

Father-of-two Jim, who celebrated his 100th birthday last week, said today he loves work and will not retire again.

'I do some filing, shredding documents, answering the phone, photocopying and making the tea for the girls,' he said.

jim4.png

Long life: This picture from Jim with his son, Barry and wife, Gladys, who he married in 1944

jim5.png

Happy couple: Jim with his wife, Gladys, who died 19 years ago after a long marriage with lots of children and grandchildren

jim6.png

Generations: The 100-year-old from Harlow in Essex with his daughter Susan

'I like to keep myself busy and I have always enjoyed being at work. It's so good to still be active. It keeps the cogs moving and keeps me young.

'The girls in the office are lovely. They look after me and give me a lift home.

'I have never wanted to stop working. My favourite job ever was working for the MOD it was often top secret and was skilled work.

'But I have been in this job now 34 years and everyone here feels like my extended family.

'I have a laugh with the girls in the office, I pull their leg and they pull mine. My day to day tasks consist of making the tea and coffee, answering the phones, shredding all the old papers and filing.

'They really look after me here and make sure that I'm okay day to day. I'm very grateful that they have kept me on into old age and I certainly have no plans to retire yet.'

jim7.png
2013-1-29 10:30

Party boy: Jim is still working as an office assistant for Active Security Group, and is pictured here on his 100th birthday last week with his boss Tim Geddes

Jobs: Filing, sorting, shredding and various other responsibilities fall to Jim, and he still does them brilliantly

Dedicated: Mr Clements, one of eight children, says he could never give up work as it keeps him young

Jim, who was born as one of eight children, went to school in High Wych, Hertfordshire, before leaving aged 14 to begin an apprenticeship in engineering.

During the war years Jim worked at the Ernest Lake Ltd factory in nearby Bishop's Stortford making torpedoes.

It was there he met his wife Gladys, the couple married in 1944 and were together until she passed away 19 years ago.

When he became bored with his retirement in 1980 Jim accepted a temporary position with Active Security, in Harlow, where he still works today.

Popular: His female colleagues love Jim and even him take him to and from work in return for copious cups of tea

Varied: Mr Clements has worked for 84 years - and during the war years Jim worked at the Ernest Lake Ltd factory in Bishop's Stortford making torpedoes

Hobbies: Despite loving fishing and other activities retirement could not keep him away from work as he said he was bored at 66

Office colleagues yesterday said everyone at the company is 'gobsmacked' he is still working at 100.

Jacky Cowley said: 'Jim is amazing. He still works two days a week helping out in the office.

'Everyone who works with him is gobsmacked that he is 100 because he only looks in his 80s.

'He is a lovely man and a real character. He has a wicked sense of humour and is very highly thought of by everyone.'

Jim has two children called Barry and Susan, four grandchildren, Ashley, Adam, Mark and Samantha and a great-granddaughter, Georgia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ ... red-retirement.html

评分人数

• abcaat: 谢谢分享金钱 + 2 鲜花 + 2
他自已的公司吧要不谁给你占位置
amazing old chap
他自已的公司吧要不谁给你占位置
MAYAXI 发表于 2013-1-30 01:27

那不是他自己的公司,請看最後一張照片,有兩位老先生一起拍的照片

Party boy: Jim is still working as an office assistant for Active Security Group, and is pictured here on his 100th birthday last week with his boss Tim Geddes

派對男孩:Jim仍在一家保安公司擔任辦公室助理,照片中是上周他100歲的生日派對,和他的老闆Tim Geddes
老板也是个老头,惺惺相惜
其实很多老人家出去不是为了赚钱,是为了解闷
真好。在这里除了机关单位谁要招年纪这么大的
活得够快乐就能长寿,快乐的本源来自自我能力的展现!
何须浅碧深红色,自是花中第一流
这样活到老干到老,有些事做,有朋友一起玩,也挺开心的。
感觉国外除了有特殊要求的工作,一般都不会因为年龄拒绝能够担任职位的应聘者,但是在国内,除了要求有工作经验的工作喜欢年纪大一点的,其余的几乎都喜欢用20出头的年轻人,27、28岁就已经算是年纪大的了,办公室职员、前台、迎宾等等之类的工作几乎都是18—26岁左右的年轻人,但是国外有很多都是60岁左右的老人。
佩服,我现在就时常有倦怠期了
我只是路过,请忽略我的存在。
interesting。
a few years ago, I  heard a live broadcast in a New York Famous Restaurant, for celebrating  100 year birthday of a waiter (who is a Chinese from HK). He served many famous people including President Kennedy, Premier Mrs. Margaret  Thatcher, Marilyn Monroe, etc. etc.
绝不和进行人身攻击者争论,我的一条纪律。避免进行人身攻击的最简单方法是就事论事。
The live radio broadcast was from BBC.
绝不和进行人身攻击者争论,我的一条纪律。避免进行人身攻击的最简单方法是就事论事。
返回列表