返回列表 发帖

[教会] Sense and sensibility

What makes sense to one person may make no sense at all to another. This is especially true for spiritual matter, and squarely explains why same sermon may bring one to tears and drop another asleep.
The moment when Gospel suddenly makes sense to you, congratulations! This marks your admission to the great arena, where finally you are qualified to race to glory.
Before that decisive moment, all that makes sense to you is of the world. Now with the heavenly calling dawns on you, it does not automatically undo all your earthly senses. On the contrary, you start to feel the tension: with fleshly desire pulling from one end, and godliness from the other (Ro 7:21).
Now you are one person living in two worlds, at least for the moment. Since both make sense to you, which one do you want to develop your sensibility? No one can be truly divided; your ultimate destiny can only rest in one place (Mt 6:24).
When our spiritual sensibility grows strong, our worldly sensibility will grow strangely dim. A tragedy in this world shocks and numbs our worldly sensibility and only makes sense in spiritual realm, where await complete healing and much more (Job 42:5). It helps us loose our grip on things worth less, and hold on to things that value most (2 Co 4:18).
If we hold on fast to our heavenly calling, the moment will finally come: only Christ makes sense and the rest, nonsense. May that moment come and you emerge out of the arena victoriously with glorious crown (2 Ti 4:8).

Romans 7:21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
Job 42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you;
2 Corinthians 4:18 As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
返回列表