返回列表 发帖

[原创] China's Misty poet - Gu Cheng

本帖最后由 not4weak 于 2012-12-19 00:55 编辑

Hello everyone,

Are you worried about the end of the world tomorrow? I am not worried. The reason that I am not worried is not because I don't believe it. It is simply because that everyone will die, eventually.  Our mundane world is limited, we can only eat so much to live (though mostly genetically engineered food), we can only dress so much to cover our body (though mostly synthetic materials).  Then I thought about eternity, immortality. Our spiritual world is always thousands of times richer, expandable ... I thought about poem. One of the best poets in China's modern history is Gu Cheng.

Gu Cheng began life in privilege as the son of an army poet Gu Gong. At the age of twelve, his family was sent down to rural Shandong province because of the Cultural Revolution (as means of re-education) where they bred pigs. There, he claimed to have learned poetry directly from nature.

In the late 1970s, he became associated with the journal "Today" (Jintian) which began a movement in poetry known as "Misty poem" meaning "hazy", "obscure". He became an international celebrity and traveled around the world accompanied by his wife. The two settled in Rocky Bay, a small village on Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand in 1987. Cheng taught Chinese at the University of Auckland in the City of Auckland.

In October 1993, Gu Cheng and his wife died in Auckland. The death has been a riddle ever since.  He left many poems, essays, art drawings.

"Fairy poet", his poems seemed pure and flawless, yet complicated and abstract. Full of dreamy and childlike imaginations but imbued with sadness of adulthood. The light sadness, yet as heavy as lead, but a generation of sadness after awakening, awakening generation sees reality sadness.

night gave me a black eye, but I use it to find the light. he experienced young generation of the" Cultural Revolution ", the famous Misty people Poet (September 1956 to 1993 in October) this poem is all too familiar, however. Misty rise in the late 1970s to the early 1980s, was an exciting thought, an important part of the trend of the literature "liberation"

"Naturally pure" is her mind, the most important feature of the Poet poetry, his poetry is not to do it, but flow out from the heart. Reading his poem, you forget your own people, you a moment ladybug, while the river, while another stone, which is another level of 'natural

What I am mostly interested in his poems are:
1. symbolic metaphors
Night gave me a black eye, but I use it to find the light
Placed in the shadow of the soul of a generation that "night" symbolizes the "eye" symbol of a generation to explore eyes, a pair of eager bright eyes, the poem "I" is a symbol of a generation

Let the sun waterfall
Wash the black my skin
The sun is my trackers
It took me
Glare rope
Step by step
To finish the 12-hour journey

2. abstract deformation
Without deformation, there is no art.
Falling leaves in his eyes have hearts - sunlight is pouring down like wood pulp, dip in my clear and cold dream.
The face of the atrocities of the Cultural Revolution in the red sea, restlessness, and the smell of blood Road, his sensitive heart becomes fear, as well as some deformity. His desperate Chunlan days, white cloud, purity of life and love, can be a reality with pollution and cruel increasingly lead to desolation and sorrow in his heart, and the world of his characters, often pure sterling silver constructed "sound and color to a" kingdom of heaven ", and in the end they are nothing but attributed to a dark world of the gray line of sight in a sad mood. The poet's mind is distorted, showing the line of sight of the poet is also distorted vision changed the original form. In his world, silence unusual logic, the world began to disintegrate under the rational rule, color, sound, image boundaries disappear, time and space beyond the world began to regroup, so deformed, this deformation, not distorting mirror-like -
3. synaesthesia

color has temperature, sound can have the image, changes in temperature can have weight, smell can have the edge.
sound can be scented,
Sound full / glacial scratches

Through the use of a sense of the objective world suddenly become rich together, communicate with each other a variety of sensory and physical objects to communicate, to create a vast world in the poem

Poet always wore a hat transformed from a trouser leg,  to avoid earthly pollution him thinking

Tell us because his soul, his poetry tells us that, in the eyes of the world, he always covered with a thin layer of dust, his nobility was inherent. Hat, keep him away from the world, and also close to the world.

Golden quicksand
Annihilation of your fairy tale
Together with me -
Ignorant smile and tears
I believe
It was all seed
Only after the burial of
Only vitality
When I come back
Eyebrow hair has been white
Desert has become
A green world
Here I would like to retire for the night
Between flowers and dew
I will re-find
The childhood lost the emotional

The sun bake with Earth
Like to bake a bread
I'm walking
Bare feet
I put my footprint
All over the earth like a stamp printed
The world will dissolve in
My life
I want to sing
A human's songs
Thousands of years later
In the universe resonates

I hope the temperature tomorrow is not going to be 1250 degrees.
返回列表